AN OVERVIEW OF DUI LAWS IN GEORGIA
The Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A) is composed of a detailed breakdown of laws surrounding the offense of DUI. For your convenience, following is a brief description of each section of the code to reference for more in-depth research. Once you have pinpointed the relevant code for your purposes, visit Code of Georgia for a complete description of the law.
Georgia DUI Laws
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-55: Implied consent to chemical tests.
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-57.1: Revocation of licenses of persons under age 21 for certain offenses; issuance of new license following revocation.
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-67: Seizure and disposition of driver’s license of persons charged with driving under the influence; issuance of temporary driving permit;
- disposition of cases.
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-67.1: Chemical tests; implied consent notices; rights of motorists; test results; refusal to submit; suspension or denial; hearing and review.
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-67.2: Terms and conditions for suspension of license under subsection © of Code Section 67.1
- O.C.G.A. 40-5-75: Suspension of licenses by operation of law for conviction of possession, distribution, manufacture, cultivation, sale or transfer of
- controlled substances or marijuana; or driving under the influence of the substance.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-391: Addresses driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicating substances; penalties for first, second and subsequent
- convictions; child endangerment.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-391.1: Nolo contendere pleas; requirement to attend an alcohol and drug course.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-391.2: Seizure and forfeiture of a motor vehicle operated by habitual offender.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-391.3: Penalty for conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving a school bus.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-392: Chemical tests for alcohol or drugs in blood.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-393: Homicide by vehicle.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-393.1: Feticide by vehicle.
- O.C.G.A. 40-6-394: Serious injury by vehicle.
DUI is a Serious Offense in Georgia – You Need Legal Representation
Being cited with a DUI violation has the potential of triggering life-altering consequences. It is unwise to confront your legal matters without being armed with a strong legal representation. DUI Attorney Diana Whipkey Young’s significant experience throughout Marietta and Kennesaw has afforded her with a keen grasp of the legalities surrounding a DUI charge. Contact The Young Law Firm today at (770) 795-9596 today if you are facing DUI charges in Cobb County. During your consultation, we’ll discuss the events preceding the ticket, as well as the tactics employed by law enforcement. Together, we’ll develop an effective strategy to dispute your alleged DUI.