Questions may be racing through your mind after a car accident in Georgia, such as:
- Should you get medical treatment?
- How will my expenses be covered?
- Do I need an attorney or can I handle this on my own?
You aren’t expected to have all the answers. But, an experienced car accident attorney can protect your best interests by making sure you know what to do after a car accident. At The Young Law Firm, we have more than 30 years of experience handling car accident claims. We understand the concerns keeping you up at night. Our best Marietta personal injury lawyer and her legal team are committed to helping you navigate past any hurdles in pursuit of the compensation you are entitled to receive. Contact us today to schedule a 30-minute consultation in Marietta, Georgia.
What To Do After An Accident
Whether you endured significant injuries or walked away from the accident with only a few scrapes or bruises, you should:
- Seek medical treatment — If you were rear-ended, you likely experienced some form of whiplash and other neck injuries. Often, the full extent of a neck and spinal cord injuries can take days or sometimes weeks to appear. We recommend playing it safe and consulting a doctor shortly following a personal injury accident. If you go days or weeks after the accident, the insurance adjuster may claim your injuries are not related to the accident. A doctor can make sure you obtain the right treatment while documenting the cause of the injuries you have endured.
- Refrain from talking to insurance adjusters — Insurance adjusters make money often at the sake of accident victims. If an insurance adjuster offers a settlement, you may be tempted to accept the offer. However, initial offers often fail to address the current and long-term expenses related to a personal injury accident. The right lawyer will negotiate to help you secure the full amount of compensation you are entitled to today and long-term for any lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering.
- Consult a skilled Georgia personal injury lawyer — Car accident claims can be highly complicated. On the surface, the cause of the accident may be clear. However, after conducting a thorough investigation, an experienced lawyer may uncover multiple sources of liability. Attorney Diana Whipkey Young has decades of experience reviewing every angle possible when determining the cause of personal injury accidents. If more than one party is responsible, she will seek maximum compensation against all negligent parties.
Protect Your Rights
Contact expert car accident attorney Diana Young Today. You shouldn’t be put at risk financially after experiencing a personal injury accident. If you or your loved one was in a car accident in Marietta, Georgia, contact our law firm today for a 30-minute consultation. Attorney Diana Young and her staff prepare car accident claims with enough evidence to prove fault in the trial. Insurance adjusters often make full settlement offers to avoid going up against her in the courtroom.